189 Skilled Independent
189 Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) (Points-tested) stream
This stream is for Points-tested skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or nominated by a state or territory government. It allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
For the Skilled Independent (Points-tested) stream you need to submit an expression of interest.
- have a relevant occupation
- have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- meet the points test pass mark of 60 points
- be under 45 years of age at time of invitation
- have Competent English
- be invited by us to apply
Length of stay: Permanently
75 per cent of applications processed
90 per cent of applications processed